Czapek & Cie's unveiled the new Place Vendôme, "Lumières" collection at Baselworld 2017 named after the famous square in Paris where François Czapek, spiritus rector of the brand, opened a boutique in the mid-nineteenth century, assumed to be the first haute horlogerie boutique ever on this world famous square.
The first line of watches in the collection features a one-minute suspended tourbillon. It comes together with a second time zone for today's world travelers, a day/night disk, and a classic power reserve indicator.
Even with the new functionalities, lovers of the brand will easily recognize the watch's unusual look with the two subdials at 7:30 and 4:30. On the Place Vendôme, a third has been added at 12 o'clock to display the time. The first series, which will come in a limited edition of ten pieces in platinum and fifteen in rose gold, was named "Lumières".
It refers to both the reflections flashing off the beveled edges of the bridges visible on dial side as well as to the Age of Enlightenment, which ultimately produced the tourbillon.
The Place Vendôme “Lumières” edition is limited to 25 numbered pieces - 10 pieces in platinum Pt950 numbered 1/10 to 10/10 ($99,500 USD) and 15 pieces in 5N rose gold numbered 1/15 to 15/15 ($88,500 USD). The watch is fitted with an alligator strap with 5N rose gold or platinum buckle. Download the full press release in PDF here.
- Movement with off-center tourbillon
- hours/minutes located at 12 o’clock
- second time zone
- day/night and power reserve indication
- Hours and minutes on separate dial located at 12 o’clock
- One-minute tourbillon located at 8 o’clock
- Second time zone on subdial at 4 o’clock, turns counter-clockwise
- Disk day/night indicator located at 6, turns counter-clockwise
- Power reserve: Off centre disk, located at 12, turn on 90° on 60h, winding couter clockwise
- Calibre SXH2: Haute Horlogerie proprietary
- Mechanical hand-wound movement developed by Chronode and Czapek & Cie
- Power reserve: 60 hours with one barrel spring
- Frequency: 3 Hz (21,600 VpH)
- Diameter: 34.8 mm – 15 ½ lines
- Height: 9.8 mm
- Front: anthracite sand-blasted plate, steel bridges with sandblasting, circular graining, and polish
- Case Back: open ratchet with circular bevelling, sand-blasted bridges, blue screws, final “anglage” main
CASE & BRACELET
- 5N rose gold or platinum Pt950 case
- 43.5 mm diameter
- Curved sapphire crystal with anti-reflective treatment on both sides
- Sapphire crystal case back with anti-reflective treatment on both sides
- Water-resistance: 30 meters (3 atm)
- Alligator strap with 5N rose gold buckle
- “Grand feu” Enamel ring, steel polished bridges and sand-blasted plate
- “Fleur de Lys” hands in different color